Texas living is.... Or rather Austin living is...
-Friendliness (seriously sometimes so much it's scary)
-deer bounding on the front lawn early in the morning or late at night ( saw about 30 last night on my run... We have mixed emotions about this. Love seeing wildlife but sad that their spaces have been taken away)
-delicious authentic Mexican food anytime you want it (yes.. I said authentic.. Don pablos doesn't count)
-family 15 minutes - 2 hours away!
- beautiful rolling hills (some of these might be more specific to the hill country)
- excellent opportunities for hiking and enjoying the outdoors
-mild winters (usually) and usually pleasant spring & fall. Can't brag about the 100' summers ( 100' for 60 days straight this summer.. Not cool when your pregnant)
-live music (another Austin thing)
-wide open spaces (room to make a big mistake)
-did I mention family
- awesome stereotypes (gotta love it when tv always chooses the most backwards people to interview when something goes awry)
-escapes to "the ranch"
-freebirds burritos (putting one in 15 minutes away)
- lots of great parks (have a great park right on the river in our neighborhood. Went yesterday. Such a pretty day! See pics below)
-bluebell ice cream
- great jobs
- and last but not least ... Family nearby!
Claire & Mark enjoying the San Gabriel river at park in our neighborhood.
Come on Claire. " no daddy, it's cold!"
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone